Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Having Sex like a Man

“Women’s hearts are in their vaginas!” My sorority sister told me. Meaning, when a female gives herself sexually, she also gives her partner her heart. Every time I am involved with a man sexually, I hear her words echo in my head. I envy men because many times men can have sex without becoming emotionally attached. Conversely, every time I have sex, I feel like I’m at risk of becoming emotionally involved. However, I once proved this theory wrong when I was sixteen.

Three days after my sweet sixteenth birthday, I lost my virginity to my high school boyfriend, Lamar Gibs. It was an unplanned, heat of the moment event. Where many women experience immense pain due to their hymen breaking, I experienced great pleasure. After my first sexual experience, I was hooked on having sex with Lamar. Although the sex was addicting and he was my first, I didn’t have an emotional connection toward him because I was shallow and vain. Even though Lamar gave me great physical pleasure, I was not physically attracted to him, and was ashamed to be seen in public with him. During my last two years of high school, I felt I was way to cool to be seen with an ugly person. Sadly I was so vain and shallow that I broke up with him right before my junior and senior proms so that I would not have to take him. If Lamar, would mention going out on a date such as dinner or movies, I would tell him lets order food in or grab a bootleg DVD in order not to have to go out in public with Lamar.

My supposed love was lust. My lust was evident to everyone but Lamar and I. I mistreated Lamar so many times, but in his eyes I could do no wrong. I kept Lamar around and said “I loved you” in order to appease him because I didn’t want to share him with anyone else. He was my penis in a glass container, and I wanted him at my beck and command whenever I snapped my fingers. In addition, I was in love with someone else. My mistreatment of Lamar was so evident that many of my high school friends began to view me as a cold hearted and egotistical female. Even the person I loved admitted he thought I would make a horrible girlfriend because I seemed incapable of loving someone more than myself.

As terrible as my behavior to Lamar was, I reflect upon my relationship with Lamar because it shows me that women can have sex and not catch feelings. I was successful in not catching feelings because in my eyes Lamar had fatal flaws, I found him repulsive and without life goals. So I could have mind blowing sex with him a million times, and not be caught up in the typical emotional rollercoaster ride women are known to ride when they have sex.

Over the years, I’ve changed from the selfish and narcissistic person I was in high school. However, my teenage sexual relationship with Lamar exemplifies that women’s hearts are not always in the vaginas. I had no emotional strings to Lamar; as a result, I believe the trick is having sex with a companion whose flaws are blatant. Your partner’s flaws must affect you in a way that causes you to feel embarrassment, annoyance, contempt or repulsiveness. Whatever feeling surfaces it must be so apparent and obvious to prevent you from giving your heart away after you engaged in sexual relations. Consequently, a woman can have an orgasm in peace without her feelings getting involved.

7 comments:

  1. Interesting perspective, however have you ever considered that the reason that you were able to "have sex like a man" with your first was not because he was so flawed but because your heart was no longer in your vagina? You admit that your heart belonged to someone else. I argue that the only way a woman can have sex without emotions, without giving their heart away is when her heart has already been given to another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jazz, you bring up a good point that I never considered which was the fact that my heart was with someone else while I was dating Lamar. I think that does play a crucial role in my heart not being in my vagina. Maybe all along I was trying to use Lamar to get over my true love.

    But I also think having great sex, makes many women become disillusional afterwards. I actually think I became disillusional because I confused love with lust. Based on my own experience, I think continous great sex can become confusing. At the time, my saving grace was looking at Lamar's face, and feeling nauseated. In addition, I was more concerned with what my friends thought that I never tried to look past the surface for anything more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this situation with "Lamar." It's interesting to see you reflect on it after more than 10 years. I am a believer that both women and men can have sex with no strings attached, but eventually someone will catch feelings and possibly something even worse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heavy first post.

    I think it makes sense for a woman to give herself and find herself emotionally attached. First off, (hopefully) someone tells a woman-child that what she has is precious and is not for giving to any and everybody. Secondly "Momma's baby, Poppa's maybe" comes to mind, likely because I hope that SOME of the emotion that is involved with conception of a child is a some kind of love...(even though that's not always the case).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel so bad and good for Lamar Gibbs. On the one hand, he got the goods w/o having to spend much money or time on it, a feat many men only dream of. However, he really did care for you and you played him, then aired it all out, government names and all, online. Mr. Gibbs will not be able to run for office or do anything meaningful in life without someone Googling his name and finding this embarrassing story about how he was unable to get a woman emotionally hooked on his bologna pony rides.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mello 01, his name is not really Lamar Gibs. I did change his name to protect him. However, if by accident he stumbles upon this site, he knows he is my first. So he can still figure out this blog pertains to him.

    Yeah, my vanity saved him a lot of money. I look at how I treated him and I admit I was wrong for treating him the way I did. I was young and dumb. Anyway, karma is a bitch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are some women who can have sex without catching feeling and not feel "embarrassment, annoyance, contempt or repulsiveness." What works for one person may not work for another.

    I have had a sexual relationship with a guy and I never caught feeling for him. He was cute, nice, funy, and great to be around, but I just didn't have any feelings for him beyond friendship. I was single, and my heart didn't belong to anyone else.

    I believe it depends on the person, where they are in their life, what they are looking for in a relationship, and the other party. In my situation, I honestly was not looking or wanting a relationship, I had way more important things going on in my life that I wanted and was focused on, and he was on the same thing. We had a complete, but unspoken, understanding. It went on for about a year. It was perfect. Who knows how long it would have continured if I didn't move.

    I think you are right that there are other ways (such as your shallow ways, lol) to avoid catching feeling, but sometimes there are no feelings to avoid. Sometimes we just do not have ANY feelings.

    BTW: I was not numb to catching feelings for a guy, I just didnt catch any for my "friend."

    HEY ROOMIE!

    ReplyDelete